Life as I know It

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California, and South Bristol, Maine, United States
Author ~ Illustrator ~ Lecturer

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Marjorie McClure Carnes-One in a zillion


Margie and Bill smooching in a tree when they visited us on Orcas Island


That laugh, that smile, that twinkle in her eyes. The love she had for family, friends, and the passion of her life, her husband Bill Carnes.We were friends for 30 years and we NEVER ran out of things to talk about, argue about (politics), and agree on. She shared her opinions freely, sometimes when I didn't even want them, and was always there to talk about the vagaries of life.

Within the past month she talked to me of friendship and how we must not try to blame another for the failure of a relationship. At age 89 she still had a great sense of humor and wisdom. She encouraged me to work, work, work, and she said, "I wish I hadn't given up painting." She was a wonderful painter.

I will always miss you dear Margie.

Please, no comments. I just wanted to say good-bye to a cherished friend.