Life as I know It

My photo
San Luis Obispo, California, and South Bristol, Maine, United States
Author ~ Illustrator ~ Lecturer

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Serving Summer on a Platter


The beauty of a walk in the woods...


Acorns showered down on us as scolding squirrels scampered through the oak trees. 


Lichens, mosses, Selaginella, a shiny, red nightshade, and in upper left, the waxy bayberry, which was once used to make candles. These gifts were strewn along the trail, dug up by skunks and squirrels, and left behind all topsy-turvy and uprooted.


Two mushrooms


Mother Nature's fine lacework-I try to always carry a hand lens in my pocket so I can look closely.


These mushrooms change day by day. Look at the amazing texture of their skins.


My platter of summer sits on our dining room table overlooking the sea. I mist and water daily.

Dear Friends,

This is a short, short posting because although we just arrived at our cottage, we have a family medical emergency in California and might have to leave early. I am closing this to comments. 

Sending love across the miles,

Sharon 


P.S. THE WINNER of the fabulous book Magical Moons & Seasonal Circles by Susan Betz is Nellie of Berries and More. Congratulations! Let us know your address and we'll send out the book asap.

No comments: